Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ITEC 830 Week 4: Wetpaint and Netvibes Troubles

Last week I created a wikibook with Wetpaint and then linked it t0 Netvibes Spring 2008 Wikis. I verified that both were working properly last week. Now, my link is no longer included in the Spring 2008 wikis and the Wetpaint site itself is a headache. I assume the Netvibes issue may be due to an administrator action related to the problems we were having last week. After I sign into Wetpaint I am unable to edit any pages or even add discussion threads. When I click buttons on the Wetpaint pages nothing happens -- in either Firefox or IE, even restarted. It is like a plug-in is missing or something -- even though it worked fine last week. Am I missing something here?

I have to say that thus far I have found the Wetpaint site to be unreliable, cumbersome, and far less enjoyable that just generating my own HTML pages in Dreamweaver. It could be that I am making simple mistakes. Any ideas from anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What username account are you signing into the site with? It sounds a little like you are signed into an account that does not have editing permissions. I would need more information to know for sure.