Tuesday, January 29, 2008

About Week One in ITEC 830...

...Tonight Professor Foreman introduced all of us to the class objectives for ITEC 830. It all looks very intriguing. Admittedly, I haven't really embraced Web 2.0 to this point in my life. I've unfairly written off a lot of 2.0 stuff as narcissistic pandering designed to reinforce the lives of narcissistic panderers (e.g. hey here's a blog about every second of my life -- and you should spend every second of your life reading about it!) I need to figure out what these new technologies can do to make a postive change in my life and for my high school students. My students are embedded in these technologies already and I need to keep pace with them. -- Greg

3 comments:

Come and See Africa said...

Keep on asking questions like how you could utilize these tools to support your student learning.

Yu-Fen said...

I have exact the same feeling as yours.
I am even wandering if I need to contact with my students, who are now the freshmen in the college, to learn more about what they consider the web 2.0 and the ways of their using 2.0.
Ha, I did surf some of their blogs and find out that they are using some alien languages. It seems that I have extra assignments need to handle.

Joshua said...

I share the same feeling in regards to the narcissistic attributes of Web 2.0. I'm still intrigued by all of the possibilities of these technologies, but the negative aspects of a lot of these technologies have created a shadow over them. Also, the time spent creating educational content is something to look at. For example, creating a podcast, and then orienting learners how download and listen to them can take time. Still, I'm a optimist, so I'm embracing the possibilities of the new technology out there.