Monday, April 28, 2008

Web 2.0 Booth Crawl: Excellent Beer, Mediocre Content

I attended the booth crawl on Thursday from 4:30pm to 6:00pm. It was good timing as there was free beer for all in attendance. When I first entered the room I was reminded of how many of these shows I have attended. The familiar (and some not so familiar) logos of tech players and upstarts dotted the room. As with past shows, I was also reminded that these types of events end up being primarily brochureware. Of the exhibits that seemed relevant to my high school computer classes I ended up talking to marketing bunnies with enough information to get me to take a free t-shirt and the URL of their flagship product. One product that looked promising is the Jing Project by Techsmith, makers of Camtasia. I look forward to trying this cross-platform tool that captures video and screen capture. Other than that, no big suprises. But the beer tasted great! Next time I will attend some of the talks given by experts and hit the booth crawl for happy hour purposes.

No comments: